- Changed the club management pane to include room for longer shaft names.
- Creating a player automatically creates a new session. This way you are immediately ready to go after creation.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) is now included in the installer.
- Fix for an issue where you could partially see through avatar.
- Fix for crash when clicking a swing multiple times before it loads.
- Player folders containing a very large number of files may take a couple seconds to load.
- PT2 data does not save by default now. This means you can not recalculate swings. You may change this in the settings menu at any time.
- Gears no longer has a confirmation dialog when quitting the application because everything is saved in real-time.
- The player/session/swing management window has been redesigned. The new design makes it easier to navigate, displays more detailed information about each player/session/swing including favorite swings, whether it has body data, how many snapshots have been taken, and how many swings are in a session. You may now search for players by name or email. We indicate the currently loaded swing, added small transitions, and the ability to return to metrics with only one click to improve usability.
- Deleting players/sessions/swings has been properly implemented. You may now also edit a player's information after creation.
- There is now the ability to switch between metric and imperial units.
- New button that loads the current swing or loads the previous swing directly into the player 2 panel for quickly comparing swings.
- Made the bottom right gears icon > about button open the help folder. The help folder included file that explain the club metrics and marker placement.
- Create Nike left hand iron and wedge graphic.
- While creating a new player or club, Gears now auto selects the first entry and you may now tab between fields for quicker editing.
- Loading a calibration file into Gears now changes the camera settings and reconstruction settings to the values contained in the calibration file.
- The software no longer set gender or handedness by default when creating new players to avoid incorrect player creation.
- The diamond slider in timeline is always on top while comparing swings.
- Re-implemented the clock at the top of the screen to keep track of time.
- Added mouse wheel action to graphs and snapshots view panes for easier navigation.
- You may now use Alt+R to trigger recording in Gears.
- Removed PT2 data from the sample data for the Gears installer for smaller installer file.
- The perspective view does not reset after each swing; it stays in the previous location.
- Intelligently show/hide body and club graph and snapshot tabs when applicable.
- Made the snapshot thumbnail images appear with a better resolution.
- Added loft value to clubs list to help users differentiate between similarly configured clubs.
- Added labels to show what is a required field when creating new players.
- Your license information is shown in the bottom right gears > about window.
- Changed PT2 Data saving default to OFF for smaller file usage.
- Set Full Body Avatar to Detailed by default.
- Turn "limit volume size" to off in Gears as default.
- Added player branding when Cobra or Nike settings are loaded.
- Fix for crashing when canceling calibration under certain circumstances.
- Fix for crash while trying to recalculate full swing with data containing no PT2 data.
- Fix for misaligned timeline with some legacy data.
- Fix for not being able to create a new swing after starting and ending calibration process.
- Fix for crash after taking a swing, then switching players before pressing "+".
- Update ground plane image to align with new calibration squares.
- Fix for crash when creating a player with a first or last name with 50+ characters.
- Removed big gap in metrics pane where ball data would have been if you don't solve for ball data.
- Fix for session dialog formatting issues.
- Listed Nike as a manufacturer in left handed irons.
- Fix for graphical left cobra wedge club head not aligning to the solved location of the club head.
- There is a long load time for players that have a large number of files. (Found after Gears 2.6 release.)
Gears 2.5.0 Beta 2
- Disable animating avatar/club during post swing process.
- Improved knee skeleton solve.
- Fix for not finding address pose after club switch.
- Ball position line no longer shown behind avatar.
- Patches for legacy Gears swing files.
Gears 2.5.0 Beta 1
- A second timeline has been added for increased control while comparing swings. The new dual timelines allow the user to control the position of each swing independently, move the position of both swings together, and/or align both swings to key moments in the swing.
- A player's avatar can now be made transparent.
- The Gears Club Metrics PDF is now included in the Gears > Help folder. This outlines what key club metric terms are in Gears.
- There is now a color picker for using a solid color background.
- Cleaned up Settings window to hide unnecessary controls.
- Change 3D view controls at the top of Gears.
- Create a more intuitive interface for viewing graphs in Gears. There is now a close graph button and you may now press the ESC button to exit graph view.
- A marker placement guide has been included in the Gears > Help folder..
- We now utilize MocapCore's Pointcloud Labeler for better marker labeling (better tracking).
- Updated home screen to remove grunge look & feel.
- Fixed reconstruction issue with "Limit Volume Size" option. "Limit Volume Size" now works as expected.
- Small changes to PDF report design.
- Club Info Pane now closes when Deleting Club.
- Gears now keeps the create player window open when adding a new player
- Extensive redesign of the user interface to emphasize intuitive use of controls, workflows, etc.
- The Gears calibration workflow has been designed as a simple four step process.
- Now you can take snapshots of your swings using the camera icon in the bottom right hand corner. This allows users to not only save Gears swing files for extremely detailed swing data, but also to save images of specific swings to share with colleagues, coaches, or others.
- Female players can now use a detailed 3D female model for full body capture as well as organize their clubs in an alternate club management page.
- Club and body graphs now give an enhanced way to visualize the different aspects of each swing.
- Created new windows for adding, switching, or editing players and clubs.
- Added a variety of visuals to enhance swing diagnostics. Some of these visuals include shaft plane, swing plane, head bubble, body lines, raw frames, impact vectors, and clubhead vectors.
- Improved the camera view controls so that you can view swings down the line, from the target, face on, behind, above, below, or most commonly in perspective mode.
- Added new 3D club meshes so that there are a variety of different geometries to choose from.
- Settings dialog has been simplified and enhanced giving increased control to the user.
- The ball finder is now more precise than ever. There is now a dedicated Ball Finder button in the UI.
- The ball finder is now more precise than ever. We added a dedicated ball finder button to increase control in the ball finding process.
- Relocated the important buttons such as record, fit skeleton, and new swing to more intuitive locations.
- Changed a variety of colors and visuals to improve visibility and to make the app more color-blind friendly.
- Full body tracking improvements including hands better snapping to the club and marker tracking improvements.
- 3D graphics and lighting have undergone some significant improvements.
- Added DEMO player to the player list so takes can be recorded in temporary memory.
- Fixed posture lines.
- Ghost panel hidden unless otherwise specified
- Player data now saving properly to player data folder.
- Linked player and ghost player visuals.
- Shows player swing data right after a swing.
- Lateral Tilt and Frontal Bend show the same data.
- Reset Calibration button not working.